Advanced Spine and Family Healthcare Provides Car Accident Treatment Plans
If you have been involved in a car accident, it is important to complete a few basic steps to help prevent additional injuries while also protecting your financial situation. To that end, here is a simple 7-step process that you should complete after being involved in an accident.
- Step 1: Move to a Safe Area. If possible, you should move your car out of harm’s way, such as to the shoulder of the road.
- Step 2: Stop the Vehicle. Turn off your engine, put it in park and set the brake before getting out of the vehicle.
- Step 3: Check on Others. Check on the other drive, passengers, pedestrians and anyone else who may have been involved in the accident.
- Step 4: Call the Police. Even if it is a minor accident, a police report should be filed. This will be helpful if you have to deal with the car insurance company at a later date. Let the police judge the situation and do not apply blame to yourself or to others.
- Step 5: Exchange Information. Obtain all of the following information from the other driver: Names of everyone in the vehicle, license plate number, insurance information, and make and model of the vehicle. You should also obtain the contact information of any eyewitnesses and the badge numbers of responding officers. Also take note of the location of the accident.
- Step 6: Take Pictures. If possible, take pictures of the scene for your records.
- Step 7: File an Insurance Claim. Call your insurance company to begin the claim process.
Even if you do not think you have experienced any car injuries, it is also a good idea to be seen by a medical professional after a car accident. At Advanced Spine & Rehab, we will be happy to provide you with a medical examination while also assisting you with working through your insurance.