Advanced Spine & Rehab provides thoughtful tips on car accident prevention.
Life sometimes throws some unexpected obstacles in our way. In some cases, these obstacles are quite literal and can result in a car accident. Some unexpected obstacles and incidents that can lead to a car accident include:
- Potholes: Running into a pothole can cause an accident, particularly if it results in damage to the vehicle. In some cases, avoiding the pothole may also lead to an accident as you attempt to swerve around and it run into another obstacle or lose control of your vehicle.
- Animals: An animal suddenly crossing the road in front of the vehicle can lead to a serious car accident. Exercise additional caution when driving in rural, woody areas or areas with signs indicating high animal activity.
- Construction Sites: Construction sites can sometimes be difficult and confusing to navigate. Drive slowly through these areas, remain aware of other drivers and follow the cones to avoid accidents.
- Natural Elements: Natural elements such as rain, snow and fog can all result in hazardous driving. In addition to creating slick road surfaces, these elements can also reduce visibility.
- Tire Blowout: A tire blowout can cause you to swerve unexpectedly or temporarily lose full control of the vehicle. Remain calm and keep control of the wheel in order to safely pull over and call for help.
- Design Flaws: Flaws within the vehicle itself can sometimes lead to an accident. Help to prevent this by taking your vehicle in for service on a regular basis and by staying up-to-date about the latest recalls.
If you find yourself involved in a car accident, contact the medical specialists at Advanced Spine & Rehab. We will be happy to help you with the recovery process.