Back Pain Specialists from AdvanceSpine.com Can Help Ease Your Back Pain
Are you experiencing back pain in Phoenix? If so, you will certainly want to find relief for that pain as quickly as possible. Before you begin treatment, however, it is best to understand the source of the pain. To that end, here is a look at a few of the most common causes of back pain:
- Cervical radiculopathy: a pinched nerve typically caused by a bone spur or herniated disc.
- Degenerative disc disease: occurs when the discs between the vertebrae shrink or tear over time, causing them to rub together.
- Herniated or slipped disc: occurs when the soft tissue in the discs between the joints comes out, usually due to wear and tear.
- Inflammation and wearing of the sacroiliac joint: typically develops from an injury, infection, arthritis or even pregnancy.
- Spinal stenosis: narrowing of the spinal canal, which puts pressure on the spine and nerves that results in numbness in the legs and shoulders. Typically only occurs in people over 60.
- Spondylolisthesis: occurs when a bone in the spine slips forward. Generally occurs in the lower back.
Regardless of the cause of your back pain in Phoenix, Dr. Crismon of Advanced Spine & Rehabcan help you determine the cause while also developing the proper treatment plan. Through a chiropractic treatment plan, it may be possible to alleviate your back pain without the need for surgery. At the same time, as a comprehensive spine and rehab facility, Advanced Spine & Rehab offers other medical services to address those conditions that cannot be addressed through chiropractic medicine alone.