Advanced Spine discusses Finding the Right Doctor for you and your family’s healthcare.
do not have much experience with seeking medical help from a professional. To make your search easier when looking for a doctor, keep these tips in mind.
Tip #1: Ask for Recommendations
Asking people you know for recommendations is possibly the best way to find a new doctor. Friends, family members and coworkers are all good sources for recommendations. If you already have a doctor and you need a new one because he or she is retiring or moving away, you can also ask your current doctor for recommendations.
Tip #2: Check with Insurance
To narrow down your choices for doctors, contact your insurance company and ask for a list of local doctors that accept your insurance plan. After locating some professionals on that list, contact them directly to confirm that they accept your specific health plan.
Tip #3: Ask the Right Questions
Before you make an appointment with a new doctor, there are a few questions that you should ask to ensure he or she will be a good fit for you. Some questions you might want to ask include:
- Is the doctor part of a group practice? If so, what other doctors might treat you? Who will see you if your doctor is not available?
- What hospital does the doctor use?
- Does the doctor have experience treating your specific medical condition?
- What type of special training or certification does the doctor have?
- Are evening or weekend appointments available?
- Can lab work and x-rays be done in the office?
- Do appointments typically take place at the scheduled time?
- How long do appointments usually take?
- What is the cancellation policy?
At Advanced Spine & Rehab, we are confident you will like the answers to these questions and more. Contact us to learn more about how we can help you meet your health and medical needs!