Examining Common Causes of Neck Pain
With your neck being responsible for supporting the weight of your head throughout the day, it shouldn’t come as much of a surprise when it becomes sore from time to time. Unfortunately, neck pain can be nearly debilitating as it severely restricts your range of motion. Here’s a look at a few of the most common causes for neck pain.
- Muscle Strains – Muscles strains can be caused by overuse or from holding your head and neck in an awkward position for too long, such as hunching over a computer or a cell phone.
- Nerve Compression – Bone spurs or herniated disks can place pressure on the vertebrae of your neck, which can then press on the nerves that branch out from your spinal cord.
- Worn Joints – Neck joints have a tendency to become worn down over time. This may occur from osteoarthritis, which causes the cartilage between the bones to deteriorate. As a result, the vertebrae do not have the proper cushion in place, which then creates bone spurs affecting joint motion and causing pain.
- Injuries – Accidents, such as rear-end auto collisions, may result in whiplash or other types of neck injuries.
- Diseases – Certain diseases, such as meningitis, rheumatoid arthritis and cancer can lead to neck pain.
If you are experiencing neck pain in Mesa, AZ, there is no better place to address the pain than Advanced Spine & Rehab. We offer a full-range of medical services, ranging from chiropractic services to surgical services. Contact our experts to learn more about how to get rid of your neck pain in Mesa, AZ.