Developing a morning stretching routine is a great way to keep your body happy and healthy. While you may instinctively do a small stretch each morning when you first get out of bed, following a short by simply stretching routine each morning may allow you to enjoy all of these great benefits:
- Decreased Lower Back Pain: The lower back can become compressed after being in the same position for an extended period of time, particularly if you sit a lot at your job. Morning stretches can help to prevent or even alleviate lower back pain.
- Improving Mobility: Morning stretches help to keep your muscles flexible, which allows your joints to have a better range of motion. In turn, this improves your overall mobility while also reducing your risk for muscle strains and damage.
- Improve Posture: Including stretches to focus on your back and chest muscles can help to loosen up your muscles, which will then help to make your posture stronger and more flexible.
- Relieve Stress: The tension caused by stress can cause your body to feel overly tight, but stretching can help to alleviate this tightness while also getting your body prepared to start a less stress-filled day.
- Reduce Aches and Pains: Your body feels achy in the morning because of the increase of fluid in your spinal discs and joints. Gentle stretches can help to alleviate this discomfort so you can get a positive start to your day.
To learn more about the benefits of morning stretches or to get help with developing a morning stretching routine, contact Advanced Spine & Rehab today.