Advanced Spine & Rehab provides insightful information on auto accidents and prevention.
Car accidents can range from minor fender benders to serious accidents with fatal consequences. The extent of the injuries sustained depends upon a number of factors, including the speed of the vehicle at the time of impact and the place where the impact occurs. There are a number of common causes that are completely in the control of the driver. Among these are:
- Distracted driving: common distractions include texting, eating, reading, applying makeup and talking on the phone.
- Drunk driving: even one drink is enough to impair driving abilities. Always use public transportation or ask a sober friend to drive.
- Speeding: the second most common cause of accidents, speeding is never a good response to running late.
- Reckless driving: may include changing lanes too quickly, driving aggressively, tailgating and running red lights or stop signs.
- Driving the wrong way: this is especially common when in unfamiliar areas. Be sure to watch for traffic signs and to obey the proper right-of-way.
By being a cautious and alert driver who remains aware at all times, you can significantly reduce your risk of being involved in a car accident. Even the most careful driver, however, may be involved in an accident. If you are involved in a car accident, it is important to seek medical treatment right away. In this way, you can be sure you have not sustained any injuries from the accident and you can begin the treatment process immediately. At Advanced Spine & Rehab, we specialize in assisting individuals with recovering from car accidents. Contact us to learn more about how we can help you.